This resource loaded webinar will show you how to get ahead of and neutralize all forms of negative, bad, destructive behavior, and put a system in place to ensure it does not re-occur. This starts with an understanding that it has to be a policy of Zero Tolerance, followed by immediate workplace reprimands. The destructive effects of blaming others, griping, pessimism and of always passing the buck needs to be stopped. In this session, you will learn to keep emotional control and tame that disruptive and destructive behavior you must deal with.
Whatever you call it, bullying, harassment, and gossip, - it all matters to you if you have bad attitudes, jealousy and disruptive behavior that sabotages your organizations teamwork, employee morale, lowers self-esteem and reduces productivity and undermines your reputation in the community. When toxic behavior infects a department, managers may be tempted to ignore it or give in, the wrong thing to do, but tolerating it is not a solution!
Whatever happened to respect by and for everyone? When you have rude, indifferent, emotionally troubled, over-worked and dis-engaged employees, they will do more harm to your business and employee productivity than you can afford. Caution: A workplace culture of tolerating a bad attitude by one or more employees is not acceptable. Who is to blame? A lot of time, the cause of the employee attitude is generated from how they are treated at work, a seeming lack of respect of them. Is it you or is it them that is the problem? When you fully exercise your position power, you will dramatically improve the strained relationship and drive up their personal power. Respect comes from knowing the person and this session is how to find out what matters, drives and engages them. When you have a language of caring, you create respect.
This session is how to change the viewing of this person and their behavior to move them to be solution orientated. Respect drives up trust, engagement and creativity.
- How managers inadvertently reward negative and destructive behaviours
- The steps you need to act on in order to keep total control of the situation
- The four types of problem employees there can be that lead to bigger problems
- How to turn around the gossip, gab and the grapevine to create more empowered employees.
- How to tell when someone is lying to you and how to confront them on it.
- When to focus on the behaviour you see and not the attitude behind it.
- How to identify all the forms of bullying there are that you need to control.
- How to stop the rumour mill before it gets started with a policy of transparency
- Why people want to ‘push your buttons’ by their off-side or inappropriate comments
- How to control the unwritten rules of the office that becomes the negative culture to discipline
- How to adopt great techniques to use when employees blame others or deny responsibility
- BONUS: At the conclusion of the webinar, there will be 4 self-tests/assessments that are guaranteed to improve engagement, loyalty, retention, empowerment, leadership skills and coaching abilities. The presenter also offers a number of complimentary resources that are perfect for those in health care, as well as serious recommend readings and action steps.